Status, Roles, Rights and Obligations of Propaganda and Training Department
1). Propaganda and Training Department, abbreviated as: “PTD” is one of the secretariat departments in central LFNC organizational structure. It has equal status as other departments of the party organization, governmental organizations and other departments in the central LFNC.
2). The organization and operations of this department are under the supervision of the Party Committee-Central Committee of central LFNC.
- b. Roles of Propaganda and Training Department
- PTD is the secretariat of Party committee-central committee of central LFNC on political thoughts-theory under the responsibility of central LFNC.
- Systematically research the theory- work methods of central LFNC in each period in order to contribute to the theory of the party.
- Organize the orientation, planning and dissemination of the party’s policy, laws, National Socio-Economic Development Plan and the operation of central LFNC through the government’s and LFNC’s media.
- Translate the party’s policy, laws, national social-economic development plan and the central LFNC project into other training guidelines.
- Follow up with the perspectives, voice of society, analyze the social views and propose solutions to the central LFNC.
- Obligations of Propaganda and Training Department
The PTD has two main obligations: Propaganda and Training.
1). Create plans, projects, budget plans about the promotion of party’s direction and policy, legislation, the national socio-economic development plan and the projects of central LFNC including the promotion of the great and beautiful heritage of the nation, party and LFNC.
2). Organize the coordination of initiatives regarding memorable days in history and national heritage of party, state, central LFNC and mass organizations for government officials in the LFNC of every level as well as other related sectors.
3). Develop and improve the media of central LFNC to serve their political duties via: radio, television programs, magazines, newspapers, websites and other publishing.
4). Issue press releases regarding news about the movement of central and local LFNC via radio, television, internet, magazines and newspapers including creating posters for advertisement, publishing its own calendar as well as opposing negative attacks from potential enemies.
5). Collaborate with other media organizations of the party-government, partner organizations in introducing the history of LFNC, regulations and operational projects of LFNC.
6). Mobilize all Lao citizens to create village solidarity and the village development fund for poverty eradication at local level.
1). Create and improve the short term training curriculum for LFNC and the long term LFNC official training.
2). Organize training about the central LFNC work background for LFNC officials at central, local level and other related sectors.
3). Collaborate with the office and departments within the central LFNC about how to develop training guidelines and to organize training for officials working at every LFNC level as well as other higher officials.
4). Develop projects, plans and budget plans for technical meetings, science seminars, review meetings on the operation of LFNC.
5). Collaborate with the Organization and Personnel Department, the office and related sectors to cooperate with Vietnamese Fatherland Front and Chinese Political Consultant Council about the official training based on their roles.
6). Monitor and evaluate the training, upgrading LFNC officials at every level (including LFNC committees), be responsible for training management and present to the LFNC central committee for certificate approval.
- Rights of Propaganda and Training Department.
- To review-report, propose and request suggestions from the central LFNC higher officials about propaganda and training tasks.
- To receive information about political thoughts and theory from the party and governmental organizations, party committee of central LFNC and reports about the perspective of the office and departments in central LFNC and local level.
- To suggest, lead, manage, organize the operations and decide on every task based on their roles and responsibilities including encouraging local LFNC about their propaganda and training tasks.
- To propose movement, promotion, demotion from a position, commendation and censure of officials; encourage, mobilize government officials to be confident, active, creative and responsible for their roles and obligations.
- To participate in LFNC central committee meeting, internal meetings of LFNC or other meetings related to propaganda and training based on the agreement of central LFNC.
- Communicate and collaborate with the party central propaganda and training committee, the party and government organizations, the central mass organization, civil society and international organizations based on the consent of higher officials in central LFNC.
- Create the work plan, budget plan, work equipment, rearrangement of organizational structure, and replacement of officials within the department, as well as implement, monitor-inspect and report about the department’s operations.
- Manage, use and identify savings in the budget, vehicles and other equipment under responsibility of the department.
- Assemble information for the department’s meeting to discuss, share documents or agree on certain issues
- To affix signatures, use the department’s seal for the department’s work based on its roles and obligations.
- Organizational Structure of the department: 5 divisions
- Division of Training
- Division of Publishing and Newspapers
- Division of Radio and Television
- Division of History and Heritage Hall
- Division of Village Development Fund and Movement Activities